frequently asked questions 

Where is the Police Department?

The Town of Oconomowoc Police Department is located at W359 N6812 Brown St. (at the corners of Hwy P and Hwy K), in the same building as the town hall.

What Number do I Call ?

If you need to report a crime in progress or other emergency, DIAL 9-1-1. If you wish to report an incident that has already happened, call (262)567-4401. That is our police dispatch center, which also houses the City of Oconomowoc Police Department. If you have an administrative issue, you can call our office M-F 8am-4pm at (920)474-4812. 

How do I get my fingerprints taken?

Fingerprints are offered by appointment only on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursdays between 9:00am-10:00am. A $25 fee will be charged. Cash or check are only accepted.

I received a citation from a town officer. Where can I pay the fine?
All traffic and municipal ordinance violation citations can be paid online or at the Lake Country Municipal Court at 174 E. Wisconsin Av. Oconomowoc, WI 53066. To pay online, simply visit https://client.pointandpay.net/web/LakeCountryMunicipalCourt 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please make sure you have your citation. If you have any further questions about changing your court date or your citation please contact the Lake County Municipal Court at (262)569-0920.

I received a parking ticket in the town. Where do I pay it?

You can pay municipal parking tickets at the town police department W359 N6812 Brown St.  The fine can be sent in the envelope provided with the citation, or it can be paid in person.  It must be paid within 7 days.  It can be contested, however there is a $45 fee for a court date. Please contact our office with any questions.

Can you give me a copy of my driving record?

The police department is not allowed to give out copies of a persons driving record.  Wisconsin Administrative Code, Chapter 195, explains how you can obtain a copy of your driving record. You will have to contact:

Wisconsin Department of Transportation
Driver Records Files
P.O. Box 7995
Madison, WI  53707-7995

You must include your complete 14 digit drivers license number, or your complete name, date of birth, sex, or all of the information above. 
There is a fee for each single record request. It is recommended that you check on the price of the record first with the department by calling 1-608-266-2353.

What is the curfew in the town?

No person under the age of 18 shall congregate, loiter, wander, stroll, stand or play upon any public street, sidewalk, highway, road, alley, park, vacant lot, public building, place of amusement or entertainment, or any public place within the Town of Oconomowoc, either on foot or in or upon any conveyance being driven or parked thereon, between the hours of 11:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m. unless accompanied by his or her parent, spouse, guardian or other adult person having legal care or custody of such person.

I locked my keys in my car. Do you do vehicle lockouts?

Yes, Our Officers will respond to vehicle lock outs. However, a vehicle lockout waiver form must be signed prior to our Officer opening the vehicle.  

Do I need a permit to burn?

YES. Any open fire(outside of a burn barrel) requires a burning permit issued by the fire chief of your fire district. Exceptions are for outdoor cooking or a campfire the size of which cannot exceed 2'x2'x2'. 

Who do I call about stray animals?

The Town of Oconomowoc DOES NOT pick up stray animals. We contract with HAWS the Humane Animal Welfare Society for stray animal complaints. Call HAWS at: (262) 542-8851. When necessary, HAWS rents humane live traps for animals requiring capture and relocation. We strive to teach people to peacefully co-exist with wildlife. If you are having a problem with a wild animal, call the HAWS shelter at 262-542-8851.

Other Wildlife
Wildlife in Need Center

Department of Natural Resources (DNR)